Table of Contents
Our Privacy commitments
This privacy statement does not cover the activities of third parties, and you should consult those third-party sites’ privacy policies for information on how your data is used by them.
Who we are
Established in 2021 and with offices in Lagos and Abuja Nigeria, Apptide Tech Ltd is one of the country’s leading Software development; Mobile Application/Website Building, Digital marketing and Graphics Designing Company vide ICT Technologies and services for companies and individuals involved in global trade and a kind of businesses.
Our principal business activities include but not limited to:
- Electronic information and data
- Software Development
- Custom Web Building and Management
- Custom Application Development and Management
- Digital Marketing
APPTIDE Technology Ltd is a company registered under the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria with company Registration Number RC1746080 | TIN Registration: 23794715-0001
Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Why do we collect information from you?
Our primary goal in collecting personal data from you is to give you an enjoyable customized experience whilst allowing us to provide services and features that will meet your needs.
We collect certain personal data from you, which you give to us when using our Site and/or registering or subscribing for our products and services. However, we also give you the option to access our Sites’ home pages without subscribing or registering or disclosing your personal data.
We also collect certain personal data from other group companies to whom you have given information through their websites (including, by way of example, APPTIDE Tech Ltd and subsidiaries, in accordance with the purposes listed below). Should we discover that any such personal data has been delivered to any of the Sites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Why this policy exists
This Data Protection Policy ensures APPTIDE Technologies Ltd:
- Complies with data protection law and follow good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- pretexts itself from the risk of a data breach
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Data protection law
The Nigerian Constitution 1999 as we as other Data Protection legislations described how organizations – including APPTIDE Tech Ltd – must collect, handle and store personal information. These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials. To comply with the law, personal information collected must be stored safely, not disclosed unlawfully and used fairly.
Our Data Protection undertaking as a Company is at par with other standards and law across the world and to this effect has been conceptualized by these eight important principles. The principles states that Personal data shall:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Be accurate and kept up to date.
- Not be held for any longer than necessary.
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Be protected in appropriate ways.
- Not be transferred outside the operative jurisdictional territory from which it is obtained on a case to case basis except the jurisdiction of destination or country of transfer also ensures an adequate level of protection provided that the retention and use of such private information for the execution of instructions or assignments for the owners of such private information in any part of the world within the working space or network of the company’s mainstream shall not qualify as transfer for the purpose of this clause.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services, when you register for an event, register to receive eNewsletters, subscribe or register for a trial to our APPTIDE magazine/website.
Types of Personal Data Held and its Use
1. Customer Services and Administration
On some Sites, APPTIDE Technologies Ltd collects personal data such as your name, job title, department, company, e-mail, phone, work and/or home address, in order to register you for access to certain content, subscriptions and events. In addition, we may also store information including IP address and page analytics, including information regarding what pages are accessed, by whom and when.
This information is used to administer and deliver to you the products and/or services you have requested, to operate our Sites efficiently and improve our service to you, and to retain records of our business transactions and communications. By using the Sites and submitting personal information through the registration process you are agreeing that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the Site services and developing our business, which shall include (without limitation) the purposes described in the below paragraphs.
2. Monitoring use of our Sites
Where, as part of our Site services, we enable you to post information or materials on our Site, we may access and monitor any information which you upload or input, including in any password-protected sections. Subject to any necessary consents, we also monitor and/or record the different Sites you visit and actions taken on those Sites, e.g. content viewed or searched for. If you are a registered user (e.g. a subscriber or taking a trial), when you log on, this places a cookie on your machine. This enables your access to content and services that are not publicly available. Once you are logged on, the actions you take – for example, viewing an article – will be recorded (subject to any necessary consents). We may use technology or a service provider to do this for us. This information may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- to fulfill our obligations to you;
- to improve the efficiency, quality and design of our Sites and services;
- to see which articles, features and services are most read and used
- to track compliance with our terms and conditions of use, e.g. to ensure that you are acting within the scope of your user license;
- for marketing purposes (subject to your rights to opt-in and opt-out of receiving certain marketing communications) – see paragraph 3 below;
- for advertising purposes, although the information used for these purposes does not identify you personally. Please see paragraph 5 below for more details;
- to protect or comply with our legal rights and obligations; and
- to enable our journalists to contact and interact with you online in connection with any content you may post to our Sites.
Please see paragraph 5 below for more information on cookies and similar technologies and a link to a page where you can turn them on or off.
Some of your personal data collected under paragraphs 1 and 2 above may be used by us to contact you by e-mail, telephone and/or post for sending information or promotional material on our products and/or services and/or those of our other group companies. We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications. Further detail can be found on the applicable Site and in the footer of each marketing communication sent by us, our group companies or service providers. See also “Consents and opt-outs” section below. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may analyze your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you.
5. Cookies and similar technologies
What is a cookie?
When you enter some sites, your computer will be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to servers. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used.
Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows, recording those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long.
Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Selecting not to receive means that certain personalized services APPTIDE Technologies Ltd offers cannot then be provided to that user.
- Log In – Where we provide log in mechanisms for site users a cookie is created at login and for the duration of the session. Each cookie contains a unique reference number only (no personal information) which is used to confirm you are authorized.
- remember that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get and make sure that the Site runs fast enough
- remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the Site;
- store your preferences or your user name and password so that you do not need to input these details every time you visit the Site;
- Customize elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of Site for you;
- record activity on our Sites so that we understand how you use our Sites enabling us to better tailor our content, services and marketing to your needs;
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the Site; and
- gather information about the pages on the Site that you visit, and other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is only collected by reference to the IP address that you are using, but does include information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that, or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies in general by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking, deleting or turning off cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
6. E-mail tracking
E-mail tracking is a method for monitoring the e-mail delivery to those subscribers who have opted-in to receive marketing e-mails from APPTIDE, including APPTIDE Lagos, APPTIDE Abuja, Third party e-mails and APPTIDE Limited.
Why do we track e-mails?
So that we can better understand our users’ needs, we track responses, subscription behavior and engagement to our e-mails – for example, to see which links are the most popular in newsletters. They enable us to understand the consumers journey through metrics including open rate, click-through rate, bounces and unsubscribes. Any other purposes for which APPTIDE Ltd wishes to use your personal data will be notified to you and your personal data will not be used for any such purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
How do you track APPTIDE eNewsletters?
To do this, we use pixel GIFs, also known as “pixel tags” – these are small image files that are placed within the body of our e-mail messages. When that image is downloaded from our web servers, the e-mail is recorded as being opened. By using some form of digitally time-stamped record to reveal the exact time and date that an e-mail was received or opened, as well the IP address of the recipient.
7. Consents and opt-outs
You can give your consent to opt-out of all or any particular uses of your data as indicated above by:
- Indicating at the point on the relevant Site where personal data is collected
- Informing us by e-mail, post or phone
- Updating your preferences on the applicable Site or eNewsletter (unsubscribe and preference options are available in the footer of each eNewsletter)
To turn cookies and similar technologies on and off, see the information in paragraph 5 above. Any questions regarding consents and opt-outs should be sent by e-mail to privacy@APPTIDEreview.com or by writing to Data Protection Officer at, APPTIDE Tech Ltd, 3b Admiralty road Lekki Lagos OR 24b Gnassingbe Eyadema Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria.
Information collected at one Site may be shared between APPTIDE Ltd and other group companies for the purposes listed above.
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganization of our business.
9. Public forums, message boards and blogs
Some of our Sites may have a message board, blogs or other facilities for user generated content available and users can participate in these facilities. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
10. Data outside the Nigerian Jurisdictional Framework
Services on the Internet are accessible globally so collection and transmission of personal data is not always limited to one country. APPTIDE Technologies Ltd may transfer your personal data, for the above-listed purposes to other third parties, which may be located outside the Nigerian Jurisdictional Framework and/or with a different level of personal data protection. However, when conducting transfers, we take all necessary steps to ensure that your data is treated reasonably, securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Who has access to your information?
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Data
We are committed to keeping the data you provide us secure and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse or alteration.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features described above to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees, contractors and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal data on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personal data, are obliged to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us. T this end, a the above mentioned persons and staff have executed a Non-Disclosure Agreement/Confidentiality Agreement t keep your information under strict confidence.
Everyone who works for or with APPTIDE Technologies Ltd has some responsibility for ensuring data is collected, stored and handled appropriately. Each team handling personal data must ensure that it is handled and processed in line with this policy and international best practices on data protection principles. However, the following people have key areas of responsibility. The board of directors is ultimately responsible for ensuring that APPTIDE Ltd meets its legal obligations.
Name of Data Controller
The Data Controller is APPTIDE Technologies Ltd. APPTIDE Technologies Ltd is subject to the Nigerian Constitution and the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria and is registered in the Federal Republic of Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
How to access, update and erase your personal information
- By writing to this address: Data Protection Officer, APPTIDE Technologies Ltd, 3b Admiralty road, Lekki. Lagos OR 24b, Gnassingbe Eyadema Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Telephone: +234 70676 07415
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon request, we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you. We may require proof of your identity and may charge a small fee to cover administration and postage.
APPTIDE Technologies Ltd allows you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate in accordance with applicable laws, you may have your personal information:
- rectified or amended
Disclosing data for other reasons
In certain circumstances, the law allows personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. Under these circumstances, APPTIDE Ltd, will disclose requested data. However, the Data Controller will ensure the request is legitimate, seeking assistance from the board and from the company’s legal advisors where necessary.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement to reflect new legislation or industry practice, group company changes and customer feedback. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
APPTIDE Tech Ltd aims to ensure that individuals are aware that their data is being processed, and that they understand.
- How the data is being used
- How to exercise their rights
To this end, the company has a privacy statement, setting out how data relating to individuals is used by the company. This is available on request and available on the company’s website.
Review of this policy
We keep this Policy under regular review.